Tuesday, April 26, 2005

 

Tuesday

This is not going to be an easy week. Too many committee meetings.... But I got good news! I have been recommended for full professor. This means that as of this September, I will be joining the rank of "professor." Time really flies. I was hired on a non-tenure track position 10 years ago, when I had just completed my dissertation at USC. Then two years later, I got the tenure track appointment. Last September, I got the outstanding professor award, and now I am going to be full. It's been a lot of work, too many weekends spent at the computer working on publications, presentations, and especially working with students. But this is the fun part. It's wonderful to see that students graduate, get good jobs, and then become involved in professional organizations, and become mentors themselves. Really rewarding...

On a different topic, after broadcasting the Spurs game on Sunday, I was mentally exhausted. There were something like 25 people in the chatroom. Rober and I were really busy broadcasting the game, especially in the fourth quarter, when the game was back and forth. Unfortunately, we lost. I was very dissapointed because Manu did very well. Tony Parker was TP, he disappeared, the difference was that this time he disappeared throughout the game. What was good on Sunday was to see el Chapu Nocioni did so great in Chicago. He really deserves the visibility. The problem for me on Sunday was that I was so angry about the score that I could not get to sleep. Not good when I am going to have a busy week, with meetings with my Dean and other Deans.... En fin.... OK, for those of you who might be interested in reading more about Manu Ginobili and the Spurs, here is the link to his forum http://manuginobili.com/forum/ Enjoy it! Kuki

Comments:
Yaaaay! Congratulations!!!! From the perspective of a student who's on the receiving end of so much of your hard work, I can say you certainly deserve it. Well done!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?