Friday, May 06, 2005

 

Email... Email....& Movies!

I am wondering if anyone reading this blog has any advice on how to manage my email. It's not only that I get a lot of emails, who doesn't? My problem is that I always feel compelled to respond to the messages as they come! I need to be able to force myself to check my email three times a day, for example, and then respond to my messages three times a day... But I can't do this... I am checking my email every 15-20 minutes. And I am responding to messages that often!

I think that what is happening to me is similar to a chain smoker who can't stop smoking... So I am trying to find out if there are any solutions for people who have a problem like mine. I need to solve this problem before it becomes any bigger.... Like Mr. Darcy says in Pride and Prejudice "I will conquer this...."

A couple of weekend ago, Alan and I went to see "The Interpreter." I liked the movie. I especially liked Sean Penn. Nicole Kidman was good. She is not one of my favorite actresses (I love Julianne Moore and Laura Linney). But I have to say that she was good. Sean Penn is alwayis brooding over something... In this case, his wife had left him for another man (she was a dancer, he was a dancer) and had decided to come back to him... But... as the "lover" was driving her back, they had a crash... I believe that the lover did not want her to leave him....

It was interesting to see the United Nations building. It looked really beautiful inside. I think that the colors of the furniture (green, turqueise) and the sculptures from different countries, contributed to the feel of the movie....

Last weekend I finally got to see Motorcycle Diaries....Rodrigo de la Serna was great! He WAS the movie... It may be that I don't like road movies (although my favorite movie last year was Sideways), but I did not find the story to be compelling (though the script was nominated for the Oscars). Rodrigo de la Serna was terrific! But Gael Garcia Benral as El Che... No way... He does not have the pysique de rol.... No....Ok. This is it for now... More tomorrow....

Comments:
Kuki: Outlook gives you the option to customize incoming messages by using different colors. For example: I chose "green" for those messages that are sent exclusively to me , "red" for those that have more than one recipient, etc. The colors help you identify messages by "importance or urgency" level.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?