Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

What's happening?

Has what happened to me in the basketball forum killed the joy of participating in the forum? Has what happened to me in the forum killed the joy of participating in the chat discussions and broadcasting the games?

I don't know. What I DO know is that since last Thursday I have posted only one message, and this message has been done in the spirit of contributing to a positive discussion.

I went into the chatroom when the Spurs-Seattle game started. I stayed there for the second quarter. But I did not feel like staying. I have too much work to do. And I was somewhat depressed. At the same time, I said to myself: Kuki, are you willing to do this after you have been called names for standing up for what you believe in? So, at that point, I had to think of my own self-respect. And I said to myself: Kuki, it's time to get back to work and watch the game at the same time... So here I am... Blogging while I am watching the SPurs losing at the beginning of the fourth quarter.... I hope this is not a repeat of the Spurs-Lakers series last year... We started winning two games, and then we lost the other four games... It looks like a very bad movie rerun!

Now, I have a question: Why is it that people overgeneralize about people in the US? Why is it that people who dislike US policy blame everyone in the US for what the US government does? Why do people assume that we all think the same? And that we are all to be blamed for ALL the bad things that happen in the world? Basically, why do people write things like:

"Así que, parafraseándote, please cheer up, la vida no es tan dura y usualmente detrás de la corrección polìtica hay una hipocresía flagrante que le ha costado al mundo gran parte de la pobreza y muertes asociadas que hacen aflorar por el lado perverso lo que esconden para "guardar las apariencias".

OK. I think it's time to move on... To start thinking about the things that I need to think about. To focus on my work, on my TESOL Board responsibilities, and my father's surgery on Tuesday. These things have taken precedence over basketball, a basketball forum, and other things. Kuki

Comments:
Best wishes to you, your father, and your family on your dad's surgery.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?